- The definition of a bouquet is an attractively arranged bunch of flowers often given as a gift or carried by a bride or bridesmaids.
A dozen roses tied neatly at the bottom with a string and carried by a bride is an example of a bouquet.
A bouquet of red flowers in a vase.
- a bunch of cut flowers
- a fragrant smell or aroma; esp., the characteristic aroma of a wine or brandy
Origin of bouquetFrench a plume, nosegay, older bosquet ; from Old French boschet: see bosket
- A small cluster or arrangement of flowers.
- A fragrant smell, especially of a wine or liqueur. See Synonyms at fragrance.
Origin of bouquetFrench, from Old French bosquet, thicket, diminutive of bosc, forest, of Germanic origin.
- A bunch of flowers.
- For my birthday I received two bouquets.
- The scent of a particular wine.
- This Bordeaux has an interesting bouquet.