- an arranging or being arranged
- the way in which something is arranged
- something made by arranging parts in a particular way
- [usually pl.] a preparation; plan: arrangements for the party, arrangements for a funeral
- a settlement or adjustment, as of a dispute, difference, etc.
- adaptation of a composition to other instruments or voices than those for which it was originally written, or to the style of a certain band or orchestra
- the composition as thus adapted
- An arrangement is defined as a combination of things that make up a design or that are laid out in a certain way.
The V-shape made by flying geese is an example of an arrangement.
- The definition of an arrangement is something that has been planned.
An appointment is an example of an arrangement.
- The act or process of arranging: the arrangement of a time and place for the meeting.
- The condition, manner, or result of being arranged; disposal: provided flowers and saw to their arrangement.
- A collection of things that have been arranged: the circular arrangement of megaliths called Stonehenge.
- often arrangements A provision or plan made in preparation for an undertaking: made arrangements for surgery.
- An agreement or settlement; a disposition: Our dog will be looked after by arrangement with a neighbor.
- Music a. An adaptation of a composition for other instruments or voices or for another style of performance.b. A composition so arranged.
From French arrangement.
- "I'm happy with the arrangement," Carmen said.
- I'm not interested in an arrangement with you.
- He said he'd make arrangement for the room and his equipment.
- Bengalensis), in some of which an incipient spiral arrangement of the markings may be noticed on the shoulder.
- Manifestly the arrangement was a compromise.