Instrumentation is defined as the instruments used in a particular musical composition or in a mechanical apparatus.noun
- When a musical piece calls for a piano, a drum and a horn, the piano, drum and horn are examples of the instrumentation.
- All of the controls and levers used to fly an airplane are an example of the instrumentation.
- the composition or arrangement of music for instruments; orchestration
- the act of developing, using, or equipping with, instruments, esp. scientific instruments
- the instruments used, as in a mechanical apparatus or in a particular musical score, band, etc.
- instrumentality (sense )
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The application or use of instruments.
- Music a. The study and practice of arranging music for instruments.b. The arrangement or orchestration resulting from such practice.c. A list of instruments used in an orchestration.
- a. The study, development, and manufacture of instruments, as for scientific or industrial use.b. Instruments for a specific purpose.