- The definition of adjustment is the act of making a change, or is the change that was made.
An example of an adjustment is the time that it takes for a person to become comfortable living with someone else.
- an adjusting or being adjusted
- a means or device by which parts are adjusted to one another: the adjustment on a micrometer
- the settlement of how much is to be paid in cases of loss or claim, as by insurance
- a lowering of price, as of damaged or soiled goods
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of adjusting or the state of being adjusted.
- A means of adjusting.
- Settlement of a debt or claim.
- A modification, fluctuation, or correction: made an adjustment on the telephone bill; an adjustment in the consumer price index.