The definition of adjustment is the act of making a change, or is the change that was made.
An example of an adjustment is the time that it takes for a person to become comfortable living with someone else.
- an adjusting or being adjusted
- a means or device by which parts are adjusted to one another: the adjustment on a micrometer
- the settlement of how much is to be paid in cases of loss or claim, as by insurance
- a lowering of price, as of damaged or soiled goods
- The act of adjusting or the state of being adjusted.
- A means of adjusting.
- Settlement of a debt or claim.
- A modification, fluctuation, or correction: made an adjustment on the telephone bill; an adjustment in the consumer price index.
- a small change; a minor correction; a modification
- The credit card company made an adjustment to my account to waive the late fee.
- The behavioural process of balancing conflicting needs, or needs against obstacles in the environment.
- When Jim graduated, he found adjustment to the working world difficult.
adjust + -ment (But see also French ajustement).