- Variant spelling of adjuster.
Variant of adjust
- to change so as to fit, conform, make suitable, etc.
- to make accurate by regulating: to adjust a watch
- to settle or arrange rightly: to adjust accounts
- to resolve or bring into accord: to adjust differences
- to decide how much is to be paid in settling (an insurance claim)
- Mil. to correct (the gun sight, one's aim, etc.) in firing
Origin of adjustMiddle English ajusten ; from Old French ajoster, to join ; from a-, to + joster (see joust); influenced, influence by Old French juste ; from Classical Latin justus, just
to come into conformity, as with one's surroundings; become suited, as to one's associates, circumstances, etc.