adjutant generaladjutant general
nounpl. adjutants general
- an officer in an army who is chief administrative assistant of the commanding officer of a corps or division
- [A- G-]
- U.S. Army the chief administrative officer, having the rank of major general, in charge of the department that handles personnel records
- the administrative officer of the National Guard in each state
nounpl. adjutants general Abbr. AG
- An adjutant of a unit having a general staff.
- An officer in charge of the National Guard in one of the US states.
- Adjutant General The chief administrative officer, a major general, of the US Army.
- Alternative spelling of adjutant general.