An example of a stipulation is a clause in a contract promising a certain amount of money for extra labor performed.
- the act of stipulating
- something stipulated, as a condition in a contract
Origin of stipulationClassical Latin stipulatio
- The act of stipulating.
- Something specified or agreed to, as in a contract.
- The document or agreement, or a provision in a document or agreement, specifying something that is agreed to.
- The act of stipulating; a contracting or bargaining; an agreement.
- Something that is stated or stipulated as a condition of an agreement.
- The stipulations of the contract won't allow you to do that.
- If I lend you my car, my only stipulation is that you fill up the gas tank before returning it.
- (botany) The situation, arrangement, and structure of the stipules.
stipulation - Legal Definition