- plural form of term
- An example of terms are the lengths of time that councilmembers are in office in various cities.
- An example of terms are "petit jury" and "acquit" to the field of law.
- An example of terms are lines in a contract stating that full payment is due by a certain date.
Terms are periods of time, words that belong to a specific field or parts of an agreement.
- The terms are completed.
- Are the terms fulfilled?
- "What were the terms of your deal?" he asked carefully.
- The terms of their deal were over.
- You both must agree to the terms you made, and I will agree on behalf of the Council.