- The definition of a requirement is something that is necessary.
An example of a requirement is a high school diploma or GED for attending college.
requirement definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act or an instance of requiring
- something required; something obligatory or demanded, as a condition: the requirements for college entrance
- something needed; necessity; need
requirement definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Something that is required; a necessity.
- Something obligatory; a prerequisite.