- an arranging or being arranged
- the way in which something is arranged
- something made by arranging parts in a particular way
- [usually pl.] a preparation; plan: arrangements for the party, arrangements for a funeral
- a settlement or adjustment, as of a dispute, difference, etc.
- adaptation of a composition to other instruments or voices than those for which it was originally written, or to the style of a certain band or orchestra
- the composition as thus adapted
- An arrangement is defined as a combination of things that make up a design or that are laid out in a certain way.
The V-shape made by flying geese is an example of an arrangement.
- The definition of an arrangement is something that has been planned.
An appointment is an example of an arrangement.
- The act or process of arranging: the arrangement of a time and place for the meeting.
- The condition, manner, or result of being arranged; disposal: provided flowers and saw to their arrangement.
- A collection of things that have been arranged: the circular arrangement of megaliths called Stonehenge.
- often arrangements A provision or plan made in preparation for an undertaking: made arrangements for surgery.
- An agreement or settlement; a disposition: Our dog will be looked after by arrangement with a neighbor.
- Music a. An adaptation of a composition for other instruments or voices or for another style of performance.b. A composition so arranged.
From French arrangement.
- I'm not interested in an arrangement with you.
- "I'm happy with the arrangement," Carmen said.
- He said he'd make arrangement for the room and his equipment.
- Bengalensis), in some of which an incipient spiral arrangement of the markings may be noticed on the shoulder.
- Each arrondissement is divided into sousarrondissements, having their centres in the great commercial ports, but this arrangement is purely for the embodiment of the men of the Inscription Maritime, and has nothing to do with the dockyards as naval arsenals.