- (music) An adaptation of a composition.
- A recorded radio or television program.
- (linguistics) A representation of speech sounds in phonetic symbols.
An example of a transcription is someone writing out their complete job description and responsibilities.
- A transcript; copy.
- An arrangement of a piece of music for an instrument, voice, or ensemble other than that for which it was originally written.
- A recording made for radio or television broadcasting.
Other Word Forms
Origin of transcription
- From Latin transcriptio.