The definition of a falsehood is a lie, or is something that is untrue.
When it is sunny outside and you say that it is raining, this is an example of afalsehood.
- lack of accuracy or truth; falsity; deception
- the telling of lies; lying
- a false statement; lie
- a false belief, theory, idea, etc.
Origin of falsehoodMiddle English falshod: see false and amp; -hood
- An untrue statement; a lie or an inaccuracy.
- The practice of lying.
- Lack of conformity to truth or fact; inaccuracy.
(countable and uncountable, plural falsehoods)
From Middle English falshede, from false + -hede.