- The definition of constancy refers to the quality of being unchanging.
When a mother provides dependable love and support that never changes, this is an example ofconstancy.
constancy definition by Webster's New World
- firmness of mind or purpose; resoluteness
- steadiness of affections or loyalties; faithfulness
- freedom from variation or change; regularity; stability
Origin: Classical Latin constantia ; from constans, present participle of constare ; from com-, together plush stare, to stand
constancy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Steadfastness, as in purpose or affection; faithfulness.
- The condition or quality of being constant; changelessness.