(kən stab′yə ler′ē)
noun pl. constabularies
- the territory under the jurisdiction of a constable
- constables, collectively, as of a district
- a police force characterized by a military organization but distinct from the regular army
of constables or a constabulary
See constabulary in American Heritage Dictionary 4
noun pl. con·stab·u·lar·ies
- The body of constables of a district or city.
- The district under the jurisdiction of a constable.
- An armed police force organized like a military unit.
Of or relating to constables, constabularies, or their jurisdictions.
Learn more about constabulary