Perseverance is persistence in sticking to a plan.noun
An example of perseverance is working out for a two hours each day to lose weight.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the act of persevering; continued, patient effort
- the quality of one who perseveres; persistence
- in Calvinism, the continuance in grace of people elected to eternal salvation
Origin: OFr < L perseverantia < perseverans, prp. of perseverare: see perseverate
- perseverant adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Steady persistence in adhering to a course of action, a belief, or a purpose; steadfastness.
- Christianity The Calvinistic doctrine that those who have been chosen by God will continue in a state of grace to the end and will finally be saved.