- Endurance is defined as the act of working very hard without stopping, even in the face of difficult situations or pain.
An example of endurance is what a marathon runner has to have to get through a race.
It takes endurance to run a marathon.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- the act of enduring
- the power of enduring; specif.,
- ability to last, continue, or remain
- ability to stand pain, distress, fatigue, etc.; fortitude
- Rare that which is endured; hardship
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act, quality, or power of withstanding hardship or stress: A marathon tests a runner's endurance.
- The state or fact of persevering: Through hard work and endurance, we will complete this project.
- Continuing existence; duration.