- Weakness is defined as a lack of strength or a character flaw, or something that you cannot resist.
- When a beam is not strong enough to hold any weight, this is an example of a time when the weakness of the beam prevents it from holding weight.
- When you are short-tempered and quick to anger, this is an example of a weakness.
- When you cannot resist chocolate even though it is bad for you, chocolate is an example of your weakness.
- the state or quality of being weak
- a weak point; fault or defect, as in one's character
- a liking; esp., an immoderate fondness (for something)
- something of which one is immoderately fond: candy is my one weakness
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The condition or quality of being weak.
- A personal defect or failing.
- a. A special fondness or inclination: has a weakness for fast cars.b. Something of which one is excessively fond or desirous: Ice cream is his weakness.