- a person or thing that stings; specif.,
- an animal or plant that stings
- a sharp-pointed organ used for stinging; sting
- Informal a blow, reply, etc. that stings
- a cocktail made with white crème de menthe, brandy, and ice
- One that stings, especially an insult that stings or wounds emotionally.
- A stinging organ or part.
- A sharp blow.
- See burner.
- Slang One who participates in or organizes the operation of a sting.
- A cocktail of crème de menthe and brandy.
- A pointed portion of an insect or arachnid used for attack.
- Anything that is used to sting, as a means of attack.
- Anything, such as an insult, that stings mentally or psychologically
- a cocktail of brandy and crÃ¨me de menthe
- A device used by the British police force consisting of a portable bed of nails to puncture car tires.
- A minor neurological injury of the spine characterized by a shooting or stinging pain down one arm, followed by numbness and weakness.
- A station identifier on television or radio played between shows.
- A scene shown on films or television shows after the credits.
- (slang) A nonlethal grenade using rubber instead of shrapnel, more commonly called a sting grenade.
- (slang) A final note played at the end of a military march.
- (slang, television and film) An extension cord.
sting +â€Ž -er