stinger definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person or thing that stings; specif.,
- an animal or plant that stings
- a sharp-pointed organ used for stinging; sting
- Informal a blow, reply, etc. that stings
- a cocktail made with white crème de menthe, brandy, and ice
stinger definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One that stings, especially an insult, that stings or wounds mentally.
- A stinging organ or part.
- A sharp blow.
- Slang One who participates in or organizes the operation of a sting.
- A cocktail of crème de menthe and brandy.
stinger - Science Definition
A sharp stinging organ, such as that of a bee, scorpion, or stingray. Stingers usually inject venom.