- The definition of a weapon is a tool used to injure or kill in fighting or hunting.
An example of a weapon is a gun.
A gun is a weapon.
weapon definition by Webster's New World
- an instrument or device of any kind used to injure or kill, as in fighting or hunting
- any organ or part of an organism used for attacking or defending
- any means of attack or defense: the weapon of the law
Origin: Middle English wepen ; from Old English wæpen, akin to German waffe, Old Norse vāpn, Gothic wēpna: base found only in Germanic
weapon definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An instrument of attack or defense in combat, as a gun, missile, or sword.
- Zoology A part or organ, such as a claw or stinger, used by an animal in attack or defense.
- A means used to defend against or defeat another: Logic was her weapon.
Origin: Middle English wepen, from Old English wǣpen.
weapon - Legal Definition