a child or young animal that has just been weaned
- A newly weaned child or young animal.
- A weaned racehorse that is less than one year old.
- Any young mammal that has been recently weaned.
- Specifically, a human child that has been recently weaned.
- In developing countries, weanlings are most at risk of malnutrition.
- Specifically, a young horse that has been weaned from its mother, but is less than one year old (usually 5-12 months old).
- The weanling was sold to the local horse dealer
wean +"Ž -ling