dejection[dē jek′s̸hən, di-]
dejection definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- lowness of spirits; depression
- feces; excrement
Origin: Middle English dejeccioun ; from Classical Latin dejectio: see deject
dejection definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The state of being dejected; low spirits.
- Evacuation of the intestinal tract; defecation.
dejection - Medical Definition
- Lowness of spirits; depression; melancholy.
- The evacuation of the bowels; defecation.
- Feces; excrement.