- When a person has become old, unable to walk well and looks as if a feather could knock him over, this is an example of frailty.
- If you have a tendency to lie in an uncomfortable situation, this lack of honesty is an example of a frailty.
- the quality or condition of being frail; weakness, specif. moral weakness
- pl. -·ties any fault or failing arising from such weakness
Origin of frailtyMiddle English frelete ; from Old French fraileté ; from Classical Latin fragilitas, fragility
- The condition or quality of being frail.
- A fault, especially a moral weakness.
(countable and uncountable, plural frailties)
From Old French fraileté