- Frailty is defined as the condition of being weak, either literally or figuratively.
- When a person has become old, unable to walk well and looks as if a feather could knock him over, this is an example of frailty.
- If you have a tendency to lie in an uncomfortable situation, this lack of honesty is an example of a frailty.
- the quality or condition of being frail; weakness; esp., moral weakness
- pl. frailties any fault or failing arising from such weakness
Origin: Middle English frelete ; from Old French fraileté ; from Classical Latin fragilitas, fragility
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. frail·ties
- The condition or quality of being frail.
- A fault, especially a moral weakness.