- The definition of imperfection is a fault or blemish, or is the state of having a fault.
A tear in a painting or a stain on a sofa are examples of an imperfection.
imperfection definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the quality or condition of being imperfect
- a shortcoming; defect; fault; blemish
Origin: Middle English imperfeccioun ; from Old French imperfection ; from Late Latin imperfectio
imperfection definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The quality or condition of being imperfect.
- Something imperfect; a defect or flaw. See Synonyms at blemish.