- The definition of imperfection is a fault or blemish, or is the state of having a fault.
A tear in a painting or a stain on a sofa are examples of an imperfection.
- the quality or condition of being imperfect
- a shortcoming; defect; fault; blemish
Origin of imperfectionMiddle English imperfeccioun ; from Old French imperfection ; from Late Latin imperfectio
- The quality or condition of being imperfect.
- Something imperfect; a defect or flaw. See Synonyms at blemish.
(countable and uncountable, plural imperfections)
- (uncountable) Those qualities or features that are imperfect; the characteristic, state, or quality of being imperfect.
- You can accept your imperfection or try to improve.
- (countable) Something that makes something else less than perfect; a blemish, impurity, error, etc.
- He loves me despite my imperfections.
- (quality of being imperfect): flawlessness, perfection