An example of infirmity is when you become unable to hear as you age.
- the quality or state of being infirm; feebleness; weakness
- pl. -·ties an instance of this; specif.,
- a physical weakness or defect; frailty or ailment, as from old age
- a moral weakness; defect
Origin of infirmityMiddle English infirmite ; from Classical Latin infirmitas
- a. The condition of being infirm, often as associated with old age; weakness or frailty: the infirmity brought on by the disease.b. A bodily ailment or weakness: complained about his infirmities.
- a. Weakness of resolution or character: the infirmity inherent in human nature.b. A moral failing or defect in character: the infirmities and depravities of corrupt nobles.
infirmity - Legal Definition