- the condition of being sick or diseased; illness
- a malady or disease
- The condition of being sick; illness.
- A disease; a malady.
- A defective or unsound condition.
(usually uncountable, plural sicknesses)
- The quality or state of being sick or diseased; illness; disease or malady.
- I do lament the sickness of the king. -William Shakespeare
- Trust not too much your now resistless charms; Those, age or sickness soon or late disarms. -Alexander Pope.
- Sickness is a dangerous indulgence at my time of life. -Jane Austen.
- Nausea; qualmishness; as, sickness of stomach.
From the Old English seocness.