- Disorder is defined as a state of confusion or a mental or physical problem that interrupts normal function.
- A room that is really messy is an example of a room in disorder.
- A learning disability that makes it hard for you to learn normally is an example of a disorder.
- A group of demonstrators in front of a government building is an example of a disorder.
A desk in disorder.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a lack of order; confusion; jumble
- a breach of public peace; riot
- a disregard of system; irregularity
- an upset of normal function; ailment
Origin: probably ; from French désordre
- to throw into disorder; disarrange
- to upset the normal functions or health of
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A lack of order or regular arrangement; confusion.
- A breach of civic order or peace; a public disturbance.
- An ailment that affects the function of mind or body: eating disorders and substance abuse.
- To throw into confusion or disarray.
- To disturb the normal physical or mental health of; derange.
disorder - Medical Definition