- The definition of physical is things that are of nature or of the body.
- An example of physical is plantlife growing in the ground.
- An example of physical is someone confined to a wheelchair because of disabilities.
- Physical is defined as a general medical check up.
An example of physical is going for an annual exam with a doctor.
- of nature and all matter; natural; material
- of natural science or natural philosophy
- of or according to the laws of nature
- of, or produced by the forces of, physics
- of the body as opposed to the mind: physical exercise
- preoccupied with bodily or sexual pleasures; carnal
- of or marked by aggressive or rough play, activity, etc.
Origin of physicalMiddle English phisical, having to do with medicine ; from Medieval Latin physicalis ; from Classical Latin physica: see physic
⌂ a general medical examination
in full physical examination
- a. Of or relating to the body. See Synonyms at bodily.b. Having a physiological basis or origin: a physical craving for an addictive drug.c. Involving sexual interest or activity: a physical attraction; physical intimacy.
- a. Involving or characterized by vigorous or forceful bodily activity: physical aggression; a fast and physical dance performance.b. Slang Involving or characterized by violence: “A real cop would get physical” (TV Guide).
- Of or relating to material things: a wall that formed a physical barrier; the physical environment.
- Of or relating to matter and energy or the sciences dealing with them, especially physics.
A physical examination.
Origin of physicalMiddle English phisical, medical, from Medieval Latin physicalis, from Latin physica, physics; see physics.
(comparative more physical, superlative most physical)
- Having to do with the body.
- Are you feeling any physical effects?
- Having to do with the material world.
- It's not so much a physical place as a state of mind.
- Involving bodily force.
- This team plays a very physical game, so watch out.
- Having to do with physics.
- The substance has a number of interesting physical properties.
- Is Brutus sick? and is it physical / To walk unbraced, and suck up the humours / Of the dank morning?
- Physical examination.
- How long has it been since your last physical?
physical - Computer Definition
- Something that exists in the reality of the material world, rather than in logic, as an idea or notion. Something physical is tangible and can be seen and touched. A physical circuit, for example, might consist of metal, glass, or plastic.
- Associated with the sciences such as chemistry and physics that deal with nonliving things such as energy and matter, rather than the sciences such as biology and physiology that deal with living organisms. So, a radio circuit is physical, even though it is not tangible.