muscular[mus′kyo̵̅o̅ lər, -kyə-]
- Muscular is defined as someone with well-developed muscles and great strength.
An example of someone muscular is a body builder.
- The definition of muscular is something done by the muscles.
An example of something muscular is a contraction during labor.
- of, consisting of, or accomplished by a muscle or muscles
- having well-developed muscles; strong; brawny
- suggestive of great physical strength; powerful
Origin of muscular; from Classical Latin musculus (see muscle) + -ar
- Of, relating to, or consisting of muscle: muscular contraction.
- Having well-developed muscles: a muscular build.
- Having or suggesting great forcefulness, especially at the expense of subtlety: muscular reasoning that does not bother with the finer points; muscular advocacy groups.
Origin of muscularFrom Latin mūsculus, muscle; see muscle.
(comparative more muscular, superlative most muscular)
Borrowed from Latin mūsculāris in the 17th century.