- Muscular is defined as someone with well-developed muscles and great strength.
An example of someone muscular is a body builder.
- The definition of muscular is something done by the muscles.
An example of something muscular is a contraction during labor.
muscular definition by Webster's New World
- of, consisting of, or accomplished by a muscle or muscles
- having well-developed muscles; strong; brawny
- suggestive of great physical strength; powerful
Origin: ; from Classical Latin musculus (see muscle) plush -ar
muscular definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or consisting of muscle: muscular contraction.
- Having well-developed muscles: a muscular build.
- Having or suggesting great forcefulness, especially at the expense of subtlety: muscular reasoning that does not bother with the finer points; muscular advocacy groups.
Origin: From Latin mūsculus, muscle; see muscle.
- musˌcu·larˈi·ty noun
- musˈcu·lar·ly adverb
muscular - Medical Definition
- Of, relating to, or consisting of muscle.
- Having or characterized by well-developed muscles.