- The definition of athletic is a person, place, or thing that is strong, vital, and/or busy.
A dog who is strong and competes in jumping competitions is an example of something athletic.
- Athletic is defined as a person, place, or thing connected to or skilled in sports, exercise or physical fitness.
- A local field where various sports are played is an example of something athletic.
- A person who is involved in playing a lot of sports is an example of someone who is athletic.
- The bag a person carries their things in when going to the gym is an example of something athletic.
- A person who has six-pack abs, sculpted arms and shoulders, and strong legs is an example of someone with a build that is athletic.
- of, like, or proper to athletes or athletics
- physically strong, fit, skillful, active, etc.
- mesomorphic (sense )
- Of or befitting athletics or athletes.
- Characterized by or involving physical activity or exertion: an athletic lifestyle; an athletic child.
- Physically strong and well-developed; muscular: an actor with an athletic build.
(comparative more athletic, superlative most athletic)
- (not comparable) having to do with athletes
- Are you a member of the American Athletic Association?
- physically active
- Since you're such an athletic person, you may wish to consider joining.
- having a muscular, well developed body, being in shape
- You have such an athletic build--you must work out regularly.
- An attribute of a motion or play which requires fine physical ability
- The center fielder made an athletic play to snatch the ball from over the fence.
- (baseball) A player on the team Oakland Athletics.
- Smith became an Athletic as a result of a pre-season trade.