- The definition of athletic is a person, place, or thing that is strong, vital, and/or busy.
A dog who is strong and competes in jumping competitions is an example of something athletic.
- Athletic is defined as a person, place, or thing connected to or skilled in sports, exercise or physical fitness.
- A local field where various sports are played is an example of something athletic.
- A person who is involved in playing a lot of sports is an example of someone who is athletic.
- The bag a person carries their things in when going to the gym is an example of something athletic.
- A person who has six-pack abs, sculpted arms and shoulders, and strong legs is an example of someone with a build that is athletic.
athletic definition by Webster's New World
- of, like, or proper to athletes or athletics
- physically strong, fit, skillful, active, etc.
- mesomorphic (sense )
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- athletically adverb
athletic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or befitting athletics or athletes.
- Characterized by or involving physical activity or exertion; active: an athletic lifestyle; an athletic child.
- Physically strong and well-developed; muscular: an actor with an athletic build. See Synonyms at muscular.
- ath·letˈi·cal·ly adverb
- ath·letˈi·cism noun