- The definition of vigorous is strong and energetic.
- An example of vigorous is person in good health.
- An example of vigorous is a plant that quickly grows tall.
- living or growing with full vital strength; strong; robust
- of, characterized by, or requiring vigor or strength
- forceful or powerful; strong; energetic
- acting, or ready to act, with energy and force
Origin: Middle English vigerous from Old French from Midieval Latin vigorosus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Strong, energetic, and active in mind or body; robust. See Synonyms at healthy.
- Marked by or done with force and energy. See Synonyms at active.
- vigˈor·ous·ly adverb
- vigˈor·ous·ness noun