A room decorated with vibrant colors.
- An example of something that would be described as vibrant is a bright, cheery and colorful yellow.
- An example of someone who would be described as vibrant is a smart, lively and engaging person who always gets the most out of life.
The definition of vibrant is someone or something full of energy, color and life.
- quivering or vibrating, esp. in such a way as to produce sound
- produced by vibration; resonant: said of sound
- throbbing with life and activity; lively: vibrant streets
- vigorous, energetic, radiant, sparkling, vivacious, etc.: a vibrant woman
Origin of vibrantClassical Latin vibrans, present participle of vibrare, to vibrate
- a. Pulsing or throbbing with energy or activity: the vibrant streets of a big city.b. Vigorous, lively, and vital: “a vibrant group that challenged the &ellipsis; system” (Philip Taubman).
- Exhibiting or characterized by rapid, rhythmic movement back and forth or to and fro; vibrating.
- Produced as a result of vibration; resonant or resounding: vibrant voices.
- Relatively high on the scale of brightness: a vibrant hue.
- vi′bran·cy, vi′brance
(comparative more vibrant, superlative most vibrant)