(hap′ən iŋ; informally hap′niŋ)
- something that happens; occurrence; incident; event
- a theatrical performance of unrelated and bizarre or ludicrous actions, often spontaneous and with some participation by the audience
- any event regarded as important, entertaining, newsworthy, etc.
See happening in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Something that takes place. See Synonyms at occurrence.
- An improvised, often spontaneous spectacle or performance, especially one involving audience participation.
Learn more about happening