Proceeding is defined as beginning, moving forward or continuing with a course of action.
When you continue with a project you started, this is an example of a time when you are proceeding with the project.
- an advancing or going on with what one has been doing
- the carrying on of an action or course of action
- a particular action or course of action
- a record of the business transacted by a learned society or other organized group
- legal action
- the taking of legal action
- A course of action; a procedure.
- proceedings A sequence of events occurring at a particular place or occasion: hectic proceedings in the kitchen.
- proceedings A record of business carried on by a society or other organization; minutes.
- Law a. often proceedings Legal action; litigation.b. often proceedings The activities and hearings of a legal body or administrative agency.c. The institution or pursuance of legal action.
- Present participle of proceed.
- The act of one who proceeds, or who prosecutes a design or transaction
- Progress or movement from one thing to another.
- A measure or step taken in a course of business; a transaction; as, an illegal proceeding; a cautious or a violent proceeding.
- The proceedings of the high commission.
- Plural, see proceedings.
proceeding - Legal Definition
The orderly sequence of events that constitute the progression of a lawsuit or judicial procedure from the time of commencement, through all acts and occurrences, until and including the execution of the final judgment.collateral proceeding
- One brought to deal with an issue not directly germane to the issue.
- One instituted for the purpose of modifying the result of a judgment while not nullifying it.
See informal proceeding.summary proceeding
See summary proceeding.