The definition of a going is a departure or forward progress. (noun)
- An example of a going is the acts of a person entering and leaving their house; the comings and goings.
- An example of a going is the condition of a road; the poor condition of the road made the trip a tough going.
Going is defined as something that is successful, in existence or commonly accepted. (adjective)
- An example of going is a successful restaurant; a going restaurant or a going concern.
- An example of going is infant formula being the best alternative to breast milk available; best alternative going.
- An example of going is the hourly rate for a workman; the going rate.