- Present participle of travel.
(countable and uncountable, plural travellings)
- action of the verb to travel
- that travels (with one)
- a travelling companion
Variant of travel
intransitive verbtraveled or travelled, traveling or travelling
- to go from one place to another; make a journey or journeys
- to go from place to place as a traveling salesman
- to walk or run
- to move, pass, or be transmitted from one point or place to another
- to move or be capable of moving in a given path or for a given distance: said of mechanical parts, etc.
- to advance or progress
- ☆ Basketball to illegally move both feet while holding the ball
- Informal to associate or spend time (with)
- Informal to move with speed
Origin of travelvariant, variety of travail
- to make a journey over or through; traverse
- Informal to cause to move or pass along
- the act or process of traveling
- the trips, journeys, tours, etc. taken by a person or persons
- an account of these
- passage or movement of any kind
- traffic on a route, through a place, etc.
- mechanical motion, esp. reciprocating motion
- the distance of a mechanical stroke, etc.