An example of a going is the acts of a person entering and leaving their house; the comings and goings.
An example of a going is the condition of a road; the poor condition of the road made the trip a tough going.
Comings and goings.
Once we left the trail the going was rough.
It was easy going during my senior year.
A machine in going order.
A going business.
The going rates are high.
The best products going.
Tough going in the stock market these days.
A going concern.
The best bet going.
The going rate for plumbers.
Not only weren't the streets paved with gold, but the going was difficult for an immigrant.
An example of going is a successful restaurant; a going restaurant or a going concern.
An example of going is infant formula being the best alternative to breast milk available; best alternative going.
An example of going is the hourly rate for a workman; the going rate.
- Approaching:.The child is six, going on seven years of age.
- To be intending to; will or shall.
- To start; begin.
- To cause a person to be excited, angry, etc.
- Nearing or nearly (a specified age or time).A child who is nine, going on ten.
- To have something working to one's advantage.