- Present participle of dump.
dumping - Investment & Finance Definition
- Selling goods or commodities in another country at prices that are substantially below the going market price. International trade regulations attempt to prevent dumping. Violations may be reported to the World Trade Organization.
- Selling a large amount of securities in a market with no concern for what effect that is likely to have on the price or the product.
dumping - Legal Definition
- The act of selling goods at less than fair market value, typically for the purpose of injuring a competitor and gaining market share.
- The illegal disposal of pollutants.