- Present participle of scrap.
- The act by which something is scrapped.
Variant of scrap
- a small piece; bit; fragment; shred
- a bit of something written or printed; brief extract
- discarded metal in the form of machinery, auto parts, etc. suitable only for reprocessing
- discarded articles or fragments of rubber, leather, cloth, paper, etc.
- bits of leftover food
- the crisp remnants of animal fat after the oil has been removed by rendering
Origin of scrapMiddle English scrappe ; from Old Norse skrap, scraps, trifles ; from skrapa, to scrape
- in the form of fragments, pieces, odds and ends, or leftovers
- used and discarded