- Present participle of restore.
Variant of restore
transitive verbrestored, restoring
- to give back (something taken away, lost, etc.); make restitution of
- to bring back to a former or normal condition, as by repairing, rebuilding, altering, etc.: to restore a building, painting, etc.
- to put (a person) back in a place, position, rank, etc.: to restore a king to his throne
- to bring back to health, strength, etc.
- to bring back into being, use, etc.; reestablish: to restore order, a system of government, etc.
Origin of restoreMiddle English restoren ; from Old French restorer ; from Classical Latin restaurare ; from re-, again + -staurare, to place, erect: see store