- a person or thing that repeats
- a watch or clock which, upon activation of a spring, will strike the time, sometimes to the nearest minute
- ☆ repeating firearm
- ☆ a person who has been convicted a number of times for violating the law
- ☆ a person who fraudulently votes more than once in the same election
- ☆ Educ. a student who fails a course or grade, and then repeats it
- Math. repeating decimal
- ☆ Telegraphy a relay used to correct distortion and restore the strength of electrical signals
See repeater in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One that repeats: “[The] tourists are mainly repeaters from the United States and Canada who come for the peace and quiet” (James Kerr).
- A watch or clock with a pressure-activated mechanism that strikes the hour.
- A repeating firearm.
- A student who repeats a course, usually one that has been failed.
- One who fraudulently votes more than once in a single election.
- One who has been convicted of wrongdoing more than once, especially for the same offense.
Learn more about repeater