- of restoration
- tending to restore or capable of restoring; esp., capable of restoring health, strength, consciousness, etc.
Origin of restorativeMiddle English restoratif from Middle French from Medieval Latin restaurativus
something that restores; esp., something that restores to consciousness, as smelling salts
- Of or relating to restoration.
- Tending or having the power to restore: a restorative tonic.
- Something that restores.
- A medicine or other agent that helps to restore health, strength, or consciousness.
- Serving to restore.
- After a long day working in the fields Clarence took comfort in a restorative pint of beer.
- arse over tit