- an alcoholic drink taken to raise one's spirits
- anything that stimulates, invigorates, refreshes, heartens, etc.
pick me uppick-me-up
A young lady getting a pick me up from a cup of coffee.
The definition of a pick me up is something that cheers a person up, makes him happy or gives him more energy.
An example of a pick me up is a cup of coffee when you are tired.
A drink, often an alcoholic beverage, taken as a stimulant or a cure for a hangover.
- For a middle of the day pick-me-up, turn the head upside down and apply more hair spray, flip the hair over and do any necessary touch ups, and your hair will have new life if it has fallen flat.
- I always tell clients they can carry either a mineral water facial spray, like Evian, or just plain Rosewater, if the skin needs a pick-me-up throughout the day or if you are traveling."
- The Netflix comedy section stays well stocked, so whether you're just looking for a pick-me-up on a Wednesday or a hilarious Saturday evening well spent, they'll have a movie for you.
- With several types of pizza and salads available, this casual dining option makes a great mid-morning pick-me-up, afternoon munchie, or late-night snack.
- A bamboo scarf is a fine pick for any woman who needs a wardrobe pick-me-up, and you're likely to buy more than one by the time you're through.