- The definition of an alcoholic is a person who is addicted to drinking alcohol.
A person who drinks too much and who cannot stop himself from doing so is an example of an alcoholic.
- of or containing alcohol
- caused by alcohol or liquor containing it
- suffering from alcoholism
- Related to or resulting from alcohol.
- Containing or preserved in alcohol.
- Suffering from alcoholism.
- A person addicted to alcohol.
- One who abuses alcohol.
- teetotaler, on the wagon
(comparative more alcoholic, superlative most alcoholic)
- Of or pertaining to alcohol.
- Having more than a trace amount of alcohol in its contents.
- He ordered an alcoholic beverage.
- The oysters were sour, and excessively alcoholic.
- Of, pertaining to, or affected by alcoholism