- of or containing alcohol
- caused by alcohol or liquor containing it
- suffering from alcoholism
The definition of an alcoholic is a person who is addicted to drinking alcohol.
A person who drinks too much and who cannot stop himself from doing so is an example of an alcoholic.
a person who has chronic alcoholism or who habitually drinks alcoholic liquor to excess
- Related to or resulting from alcohol.
- Containing or preserved in alcohol.
- Having alcoholism.
A person who has alcoholism.
(comparative more alcoholic, superlative most alcoholic)
First attested 1891, from alcohol + -ic
- It crystallizes in orange-red needles and its alcoholic solution fluoresces strongly.
- The residue is dissolved in alcohol and to the cold saturated solution a cold alcoholic solution of picric acid is added.
- Wobbling, she rose, familiar coldness replacing the alcoholic warmth inside her.
- Instead, she marched to the bathroom and took the hottest shower she could tolerate to try and take off the alcoholic edge.
- Actually, Skippy, I'm quite a mellow alcoholic, not raging at all, lucky for you.