- The definition of therapeutic is having healing or curative powers for a disease or ailment.
An example of therapeutic is a heating pad for muscle cramps.
- serving to cure or heal; curative
- serving to preserve health: therapeutic abortion
- of therapeutics
Origin of therapeuticModern Latin therapeuticus ; from Classical Greek therapeutikos ; from therapeutēs, attendant, servant, one who treats medically ; from therapeuein, to nurse, treat medically
- Having or exhibiting healing powers: a therapeutic agent; therapeutic exercises.
- Of or relating to the medical treatment of a disease or condition.
Origin of therapeuticNew Latin therapeuticus, from Greek therapeutikos, from therapeutēs, one who administers, from therapeuein, to serve, administer treatment, from theraps, therap-, attendant; see therapy.
(comparative more therapeutic, superlative most therapeutic)
- Of, or relating to therapy.
- Having a positive effect on the body or mind.
From New Latin therapeuticus (“curing, healing”), from Ancient Greek θεραπευτικός (therapeutikos, “attentive, helpful, obliging, curative”), from θεραπευτής (therapeutēs, “one who waits on another, an attendant”), from θεραπεύω (therapeuō, “I wait on, attend, serve, cure”).