- The definition of therapeutic is having healing or curative powers for a disease or ailment.
An example of therapeutic is a heating pad for muscle cramps.
- serving to cure or heal; curative
- serving to preserve health: therapeutic abortion
- of therapeutics
Origin of therapeuticModern Latin therapeuticus ; from Classical Greek therapeutikos ; from therapeutēs, attendant, servant, one who treats medically ; from therapeuein, to nurse, treat medically
- Having or exhibiting healing powers: a therapeutic agent; therapeutic exercises.
- Of or relating to the medical treatment of a disease or condition.
Origin of therapeuticNew Latin therapeuticus, from Greek therapeutikos, from therapeutēs, one who administers, from therapeuein, to serve, administer treatment, from theraps, therap-, attendant; see therapy.
(comparative more therapeutic, superlative most therapeutic)
- Of, or relating to therapy.
- Having a positive effect on the body or mind.
From New Latin therapeuticus (â€œcuring, healingâ€), from Ancient Greek Î¸ÎµÏÎ±Ï€ÎµÏ…Ï„Î¹ÎºÏŒÏ‚ (therapeutikos, â€œattentive, helpful, obliging, curativeâ€), from Î¸ÎµÏÎ±Ï€ÎµÏ…Ï„Î®Ï‚ (therapeutÄ“s, â€œone who waits on another, an attendantâ€), from Î¸ÎµÏÎ±Ï€ÎµÏÏ‰ (therapeuÅ, â€œI wait on, attend, serve, cureâ€).