- The definition of therapeutic is having healing or curative powers for a disease or ailment.
An example of therapeutic is a heating pad for muscle cramps.
- serving to cure or heal; curative
- serving to preserve health: therapeutic abortion
- of therapeutics
Origin: ModL therapeuticus from Glassical Greek therapeutikos from therapeutēs, attendant, servant, one who treats medically from therapeuein, to nurse, treat medically
- therapeutically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having or exhibiting healing powers: a therapeutic agent; therapeutic exercises.
- Of or relating to the medical treatment of a disease or condition.
Origin: New Latin therapeuticus, from Greek therapeutikos, from therapeutēs, one who administers, from therapeuein, to serve, administer treatment, from theraps, therap-, attendant; see therapy.
- therˌa·peuˈti·cal·ly adverb
therapeutic - Medical Definition
- Having or exhibiting healing powers.
- Of or relating to therapeutics.