- The definition of curative is something that heals.
An example of curative is chicken soup that heals the common cold; curative soup.
- of or for the curing of disease
- curing, tending to cure, or having the power to cure
Origin of curativeMiddle English ; from Old French curatif ; from Medieval Latin curativus ; from Classical Latin curatus, past participle of curare, to take care of ; from cura: see cure
- Serving or tending to cure.
- Of or relating to the cure of disease.
Origin of curativeMiddle English, from Old French curatif, from Medieval Latin cūrātīvus, from Latin cūrātus, past participle of cūrāre, to cure, from cūra, care; see cure.
(comparative more curative, superlative most curative)
- Possessing the ability to cure, to heal or treat illness.
- The curative power of the antibiotics introduced in the '50s was amazing at the time.
From Middle French curatif