An example of curative is chicken soup that heals the common cold; curative soup.
- of or for the curing of disease
- curing, tending to cure, or having the power to cure
Origin of curativeMiddle English from Old French curatif from Medieval Latin curativus from Classical Latin curatus, past participle of curare, to take care of from cura: see cure
- Serving or tending to cure.
- Of or relating to the cure of disease.
Origin of curativeMiddle English from Old French curatif from Medieval Latin cūrātīvus from Latin cūrātus past participle of cūrāre to cure from cūra care ; see cure .
(comparative more curative, superlative most curative)
- Possessing the ability to cure, to heal or treat illness.
- The curative power of the antibiotics introduced in the '50s was amazing at the time.
From Middle French curatif