- The definition of injurious is something that could cause harm to a person or their reputation, or that is offensive or abusive.
When you make false accusations that someone is a thief and damage his reputation, this is an example of injurious remarks.
injurious definition by Webster's New World
- injuring or likely to cause injury; harmful
- offensive or abusive; slanderous or libelous
Origin: Late Middle English iniuryous ; from Middle French injurieux ; from Classical Latin injuriosus
injurious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Causing or tending to cause injury; harmful: eating habits that are injurious to one's health.
- Slanderous; libelous: made injurious statements about his rival.
- in·juˈri·ous·ly adverb
- in·juˈri·ous·ness noun