injurious[in jo̵or′ē əs]
- The definition of injurious is something that could cause harm to a person or their reputation, or that is offensive or abusive.
When you make false accusations that someone is a thief and damage his reputation, this is an example of injurious remarks.
- injuring or likely to cause injury; harmful
- offensive or abusive; slanderous or libelous
Origin of injuriousLate Middle English iniuryous ; from Middle French injurieux ; from Classical Latin injuriosus
- Causing or tending to cause injury; harmful: eating habits that are injurious to one's health.
- Offensive or insulting; hurtful: made injurious statements about his rival.
(comparative more injurious, superlative most injurious)