- An example of an invidious behavior is behavior that is likely to make others around you mad.
- An example of invidious actions are discriminatory actions where one person is treated unfairly as compared to others.
- such as to excite ill will, odium, or envy; giving offense
- giving offense by discriminating unfairly: invidious comparisons
- Obs. envious
Origin of invidiousClassical Latin invidiosus ; from invidia: see envy
- Tending to rouse ill will, animosity, or resentment: invidious accusations.
- Offensive and unfair: invidious distinctions.
- Archaic Envious.
Origin of invidiousLatin invidi&omacron;sus, envious, hostile, from invidia, envy; see envy.
(comparative more invidious, superlative most invidious)