- The definition of desirable is something or someone attractive and wanted.
A great job that everyone wants is an example of something that would be described as a desirable job.
desirable definition by Webster's New World
- worth wanting or having; worthwhile, beneficial, expedient, etc.
- arousing desire; pleasing, attractive, etc.
Origin: Middle English ; from OFr: see desire and amp; -able
desirable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Worth having or seeking, as by being useful, advantageous, or pleasing: a desirable job in the film industry; a home computer with many desirable features.
- Worth doing or achieving; advisable: a desirable reform; a desirable outcome.
- Arousing desire, especially sexual desire.
- de·sirˌa·bilˈi·ty, de·sirˈa·ble·ness noun
- de·sirˈa·bly adverb