A great job that everyone wants is an example of something that would be described as a desirable job.
- worth wanting or having; worthwhile, beneficial, expedient, etc.
- arousing desire; pleasing, attractive, etc.
Origin of desirableMiddle English from OFr: see desire and -able
- Worth having or seeking, as by being useful, advantageous, or pleasing: a desirable job in the film industry; a home computer with many desirable features.
- Worth doing or achieving; advisable: a desirable reform; a desirable outcome.
- Arousing desire, especially sexual desire.
- de·sir′a·bil′i·ty de·sir′a·ble·ness
(comparative more desirable, superlative most desirable)
- A thing that people want; something that is desirable.
- There are plenty of desirables on display in the window.
From Old French desirable.