The definition of advantageous is a person, place, or thing which is favorable or which is better than most.
A home built high on a hill with a spectacular ocean view is an example of living somewhere advantageous.
Affording advantage; favorable or beneficial.
(comparative more advantageous, superlative most advantageous)
- Wealth and society encourage civilization, which is advantageous to everyone.
- The German emperor shared this desire, but Bismarck and the Austrian emperor wished to substitute for the imperial league some more advantageous combination.
- Men who want to fight will always put themselves in the most advantageous conditions for fighting.
- But the question whether the camp was advantageous or disadvantageous remained for him undecided.
- "How evidently he belongs to the best society," said she to a third; and the vicomte was served up to the company in the choicest and most advantageous style, like a well-garnished joint of roast beef on a hot dish.