- The definition of beneficial is something that has a positive effect or achieves a good result.
An example of beneficial is the type of impact on the economy when good news about unemployment is released.
beneficial definition by Webster's New World
- producing benefits; advantageous; favorable
- receiving benefit
- Law for one's own benefit: beneficial interest
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French ; from Late Latin beneficialis ; from Classical Latin benefacere: see benefaction
- beneficially adverb
beneficial definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Producing or promoting a favorable result; advantageous.
- Law Receiving or having the right to receive proceeds or other advantages.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French beneficial, from Late Latin beneficiālis, from Latin beneficium, benefit; see benefice.
- benˌe·fiˈcial·ly adverb
- benˌe·fiˈcial·ness noun
beneficial - Legal Definition